Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fresh Starts in 2008

Today is the first day of the rest of forever, right?

Well, guess what! So is tomorrow!!!

No, not trying to encourage you to procrastinate - it's easier not to forget to do things if you do them right now - but you need to know that mistakes today don't mean you give up tomorrow!

Every once in a while we all fall off the proverbial horse and get told to pick ourselves back up. I kind of like the image of the donkey stuck in the hole with all the crap from his life. And more crap was being shoveled in on him. He just shook it off and stepped right up, using the pile of crap to build the hill that helped him climb out of his hole!

Each day, I'm going to try and help you learn how I climbed out of my hole and lost 40# last year, when I really thought it would be nice to lose 30, since I knew what that looked like after having done it 3 years before. So how did I get it all back that fast? That will be tomorrow's post!

No comments: