Monday, January 19, 2009

Mon Day 1 Week 2 Induction

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."

Inspiration for Day 1 of Week 2 Induction: Help me Make it Thru the Day!
*******************************************

Random Thoughts:

We're driving up to Red Robin's (Gourmet Burgers - capitalized, you know?) and I have a free BD burger coupon in my purse.

Initially I'm thinking I'll order it without the bun and have a side salad. Red Robin even offers a burger like that wrapped in lettuce. But their onion straws are killers, so I change my mind and do the following instead: Bleu (cheese) Ribbon burger - the bun will be about 25 carbs for the top and bottom, and onion straws ilo fries (note: "ilo" is my 'breviation for "in lieu of") - carbs TBD.

I make sure the server won't bring any free dessert or sing to me and order a diet cola (as a treat instead of water) instead of a sugary lemonade or an alcoholic drink like a Mai Tai (loaded with sugar as well as having alcohol), so I compromise on the diet soda.

I stop eating when I feel satisfied and that is only about 1/2 - 2/3 of the burger. I ate most of the side onion straws and guess they are about 25 carbs also. So wa-a-ay over my induction limits. If I'm truly not in ketosis, I'll fall out now for sure and have to restart.

I need to up my metabolimsm thru exercise to offset this, much less other effects not exercising is having. Could gain 2 lbs from this. Making sure I drink my water. Also not to add other sugary foods "just because" I already exceeded food carb limits for today.
...

MLK Day and just back from grocery shopping after lunch. I pick up Lebanon Bologne in the deli after checking the carb counter, but the desserts next door look scrumptious. I force myself to stop salivating and walk past.


I'm okay for most of the rest of the store - I've got a list and a helper (he may pick up carbs for himself, but he also wants to get out of the store quickly. That helps.)


Doesn't quite seem like I just ate. Carbs must be working on me.


At home I go to put milk away and remove the old and a gallon of old milk falls on the floor and the cap flies off. Milk begins pouring onto the area rug on top of the wood floor, then soaking in quickly. Not good.


We clean the rug, then I clean the floor with wood cleaner, then we pull out the fridge so I can get underneath it. I wipe, then sweep, then clean again.



Do you ever have days like this?



Particularly early in a diet?



I think early days are the hardest - so many things to remember to do, so many changes going on (plus the side effects as we "detox," too).


It's okay to give up for a day - but don't give in completely and don't give up. Give yourelf a break. Then come back tomorrow or the next. It's never over until we give up.


I think I'll have a nap today and go to the gym tomorrow.


PERSONAL HAZARD (S)- Other people's schedules (holiday), dental visit in the morning for about 90 min (and wa-a-a-y too early (8 am!)), forgetfulness
******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Did it.

READ THE BOOK: Did what I needed, still referring to as I "work the system."



ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Induction Week - all systems go! (Food, Water, Exercise)

NEW ASSIGNMENT: Look ahead each day to the next day's menu; make sure it's ready to go; plan my meals (& work my plan!) - get back in the groove.

Vitals:
BP - At 4:10 pm, before my nap: 103/68 pulse 43

Weight: 185.5
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise: None, a little stretching
Stretching 5 min
Cardio
Strength

Water: 96 oz


Food:
Breakfast: 1/2 cup of coffee w/ S/L and milk, then bacon and leftover cream cheese "cake"

Lunch: Red Robin's Bleu Ribbon Burger (1/2) (bleu cheese on a burger, with steak sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion straws), onion straws, and 2 diet cokes (no coke zero, no pepsi one at this store - let's start a campaign to get them into restaurants!!)

Dinner: 1 avocado, 7 cashews
Snack: 4 oz of coke zero (was feeling sick after cleaning up behind the fridge - see BP below- skipped the soda initially (to help calm the nausea) so I would drink my water, then napped and had a little coke afterwards)
Dessert:

________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
Up 1/2 pound again - down 2 pounds for the week, but latest trend is going up, so gotta get back "on the wagon" so to speak.

BP: Taken when I was feeling weak and nauseaus after cleaning up the spilt milk and putting away most of the groceries (before I took the nap). Wondering whazzup with this; fiance says not to let these numbers (any of the BP numbers) get me upset. I don't; just wondering. I wonder if taking my BP makes my arm hurt more as I wake up with more arthritis in my left hand, and my left arm is in pain more, but I think it's probably just offsetting the tendinitis in the shoulder (the arm pain) and the arthritis is just what it is. Still it bugs me that it's gotten worse this year as well. Step-in-step with the tendinitis it seems.

Ketones: Pretty sure if I wasn't in ketosis anymore, after today's little binge I am out now! Another goal!





No comments: