Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday, Day 6, Jan 10, 2009

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for the WEEKeNnD: Enjoy the weekend; remember this is my life!
*******************************************

Random Thoughts:


PERSONAL HAZARD (S)-
Today required more commitment; I was not in a good mood. Sad, sad. Read all day - great book, a few years old, by Nevada Barr. Sometimes you need to escape, you know? Or find something just a bit less serious than everything else if you can....

Remember to do something for yourself - a facial, manicure, bubble bath lit only by candles....write a letter to a friend or pick up the phone and call...just do something.

Besides the book, I gave myself a facial and made myself work out, knowing I'd feel better for doing it. That's a good thing to remember whenever you're feeling blah - exercise will help make you feel better, especially if that "high" that kicks in (for me around 40 minutes) finds its way to you!

******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Done. But I think I need to find a Physical Therapist for my shoulder, and make an appt for a massage (gift from fiance for Xmas)


READ THE BOOK: Only to do the menu and bone up on some of the reading labels (like what sugar alcohols really are and why they are not counted as NET carbs but whey they affect some people in a funky way, so not good for induction, but probably okay later.


ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Prepare menu for 1 week, using book and lists of foods (induction chapter), then create shopping list. Also, learn how to read labels - both in the book.
Also: NO SUGAR and DRINK ALL MY WATER (can't forget those two). EXERCISE!!!

Vitals:
BP - after waking: 122/84, pulse 64 (6:15 pm)
Weight: 188.0 - down a pound from yesterday (see? exercise does pay off!)
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise: PRIORITY for TODAY (cause I need to and I don't want to, so gotta push myself)

Stretching 15 min
Cardio 45 min - interval training - 10 minutes up, 5 min lower intensity...3 sets of 15 on the treadmill
Strength


Water: 3 cups left to go to 96 oz! 7:41 pm - may exceed
- did exceed!

Food:
Breakfast: Tried an omelet made with the leftover stroganoff - the sauce probably should have been strained and served on top, but it wasn't bad. Used eggbeaters; 3 mugs of coffee with milk, S/L

Lunch: Made another batch of the Michael Angelo's Chicken dish, which probably has 20 carbs in the half I had.
Dinner: Had lunch late afternoon, so haven't had dinner yet. Still not sure what that might be.
Snack: 4 oz of cream cheese, splenda, cinnamon, added some whipped cream/splenda to the mix. Should have whipped it to soft peaks, but got impatient.... still, edible, and I saved the whipped cream/splenda that I didn't use - hopefully will get it whipped more before I need to snack again.
Dessert:
________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
Glad to see weight down another pound.




No comments: