Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tues Day 2 Week 3 Induction, 27 Jan 09

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for Tuesday of Week 3 Induction Continues: Plan Your Work, Work your plan

*******************************************


Random Thoughts: I woke up in a lot less pain - my hands weren't clenching and stiff and my shoulder and arm weren't bothering me. The scale is up. Drats on that! But I'm not going to worry about it. It does that sometimes I know and if I had done something wrong yesterday, I'd do something about it, but pretty much yesterday was very good, so I'll just keep on keepin' on.



PERSONAL HAZARD (S)- Running out of time when I have so many things to do; but I've already set up things for this evening: FitTV has a Shimmy episode on at 8 pm; dinner will be flank steak and salad (guess who went grocery shopping!); and my fiance may be home early today. If I have to adjust, I can. I can do my yoga DVD up in the bedroom, using my laptop, or my own bellydance DVD (maybe I can look for it?) and some time during the day I think Gilad is having another show or two. SO, I have plans and alternate plans for my time issues. I have to get the car to the dealer for them to fix something causing the check-engine light to come on so I can get it inspected. If I'm stuck there, hazards become boredom, hunger, and need for more water. I'll take a book and my water bottle with me. They should have coffee and water available (free or pay) and I can walk to a nearby store and shop if necessary (they're close to a shopping center or 4, plus a mall). Just need to minimize what I carry on my shoulder (!) Plans and back-up plans.



******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Did it. The follow-up checkup is already scheduled for March.

READ THE BOOK: Did what I needed, still referring to as I "work the system."


ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Induction continues: Food, Water, Exercise!! Plan the menus, work the plan. Altering cardio and strength daily- I'm getting back to that; finally feeling a schedule starting to build that will be doable, plus building up some back-up alternatives for if the schedule won't work. FitTV has helped a lot to supplement the DVDs, the treadmill upstairs (old and needs replacing, it frightens me some), walking the dog, running the stairs (hah!) and general weights-less floor exercises. Variety and less boredom, and still closer than the gym (wading thru traffic to get there as it's on the busiest street in this city of traffic).
NEW ASSIGNMENT: .

Continuing to develop a schedule and alternatives for exercise.

**************************************
Vitals:
BP - not today

Weight: 187.5
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise:

Stretching 10 min
Cardio
Strength 50 min - 25 of Shimmy from FitTV, then 25 of Gilad's Body In Motion or Total Body Sculpting, also on FitTV - both had stretching in them, so moved those minutes to STRETCHING (above)

Water: 96 oz


Food:
Breakfast: eggbeater omelet with onion powder, cinnamon, and splenda; 2 mugs of coffee with S/L & milk. Coffee's not agreeing with me lately - just not as soothing or tasteful as it's been. Added a bit of splenda to the second cup (had with breakfast).

Lunch: Kind of a mushroom mousakas: ground beef mixture with some mushrooms/onion mixture, made some of the mousakas cream sauce, poured over a layered mushroom, beef, mushroom (to be more of the mushrooms which are a good veggie, in with lettuce, than the beef), then cooked for about 1/2 hour til brown. If you remember, the mousakas cream sauce is a quick white sauce made with almond flour ilo regular flour. You brown it, then add hot milk to it, then seasonings, which I had to look up. Had parmesan cheese, which tasted really good.
Dinner: Chicken wings and BLT salad - 4 slices of bacon, crumpled, 2 cups of green leaf lettuce, 1/2 small tomato, chopped, plus both greek island dressing (2 carbs per T) and bleu cheese dressing (2 carbs per T) to give it a different flavor
Snack: about 6 oz of coke zero
Dessert:

________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
Weight is up quite a bit, but I am spotting a bit, too. Could be retaining water; could be delayed reaction to all the biscottis on Sunday, but having worked out well yesteday, am not going to worry about it. Food was good as well, so it is "one of those things" that fluctuates and it is doing so now for sure.

BP: Will take again at end of month.

Ketones: Will see later in the week - maybe Friday?

Could the diet soda be affecting my weight loss, too? I've heard it does that for some people. I have been having more than I normally do.





No comments: