Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wed Day 3 Week 3 Induction Continues, 28 Jan 09

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for Wednsday of Week 3 Induction Continues: Keep Planning Your Work, Working your plan, Having a back-up Plan (it's ALL or NOTHING today, baby!)

*******************************************


Random Thoughts: Felt a little arthritis in my left foot (toe) this morning - hadn't felt that in maybe a year or so - but everything else was feeling okay. Feel a little bloated like my weight may be up to 188. Altho it's TTOTM, not a lot of spotting going on. Given "that time of life" (would that be TTOL?), maybe I'm doing another crazy thing here. I rescheduled my doctor's appt from this week to next; let's hope that next week is "good to go" and not a time to reschedule again. Last year, I had "abnormal cells" which the follow-up revealed were not a problem, but a "watch" thing. My doctor in Ohio wanted to look again in six months and it's time to look again. Now with a new doctor in North Carolina. Which concerns me, too.



On eDiets, my Boot Camp Support Group is having an ALL-or-Nothing (AON) challenge three days in a row: all food, all water, and 60 min of exercise over Tues, Wed, and Thurs this week. I had already done the 60 min of exercise by the time I read it on Tues, so made sure I stayed OP (code for "on program") with my food.



Doing good on the water, but sometimes it seems to be "chug-a-lug" just before going to bed, which means I get to wake up in the middle of the night. Need to fix that: change my habit. Just want coffee for a while before I start drinking water. The coffee wakes up my systems and helps me adjust to being alert (which takes about 3-4 hours usually).



Sometimes I think I should drink coffee at midnight, go to sleep, then wake up at 5:30 alert! Or just learn to suffer the pains of a morning shower using hot and cold to wake the dead! (I prefer going to bed clean, you know? - and remember that little thing about not wanting to stand up in the morning? give me a bath if I have'ta!)

PERSONAL HAZARD (S)- Discouragement with weight loss reversal, needing to be stronger (then) when faced with tastier choices


******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt (for your numbers):
Did it. The follow-up checkup is already scheduled for March.

READ THE BOOK: Did what I needed, still referring to as I "work the system."


ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Induction continues: Food, Water, Exercise!! Plan the menus, work the plan. Altering cardio and strength daily- I'm getting back to that; finally feeling a schedule starting to build that will be doable, plus building up some back-up alternatives for if the schedule won't work.




NEW ASSIGNMENT: .
Continuing to develop a schedule and alternatives for exercise. Next week, I think I will let eDiets give me menu choices and work with their menus to develop a shopping list - takes some of the guesswork and pressure off for a week - just follow the recommendations to keep me at 25 carbs (yep - gonna come out of Induction "officially" next week and let eDiets figure out where 25 carbs are (versus the 20 or 30 that could easily happen on my own.)

**************************************
Vitals:
BP - not today

Weight: 187.0
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise:

Stretching 30 min yoga
Cardio
Strength 30 min "shimmy" bellydance workout on FitTV


Water: 96 oz


Food:
Breakfast: Fried egg over easy on a Low Carb Bread slice (9 carbs) with coffee and S/L and milk (2 mugs) - total 11 carbs.

Lunch: Mushroom Mousakas - ground beef mixture with some mushrooms/onion mixture, topped with cream sauce made with half-n-half, almond flour, parmesan, nutmeg, etc.
Dinner: 2 cups of green leaf lettuce
Snack:
Dessert: 1/2 cup low-carb ice cream from Breyer's (4 net carbs)

________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
Actually down 1/2 apound, but when I looked at it, I thought I was up another pound. So, not as bad as I thought. Just feel bloated; you know, that really probably is TTOTM as I got real cranky last night.

BP: Will take again at end of month.

Ketones: Will see later in the week - maybe Friday?



No comments: