Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tues Day 2 Week 2 Induction - Jan 20, 2009

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for Tuesday of Week 2 Induction: What's it gonna be? Yes? or No???
*******************************************

Random Thoughts:



It snowed last night. After warm temps in the 40s, the ground not frozen, it snowed several inches and is sticking.

I look out the window and Bailey is lying in the snow, licking something, maybe the snow off his paws. I need to take him some fresh water and food. He loves this weather, and tho the wind may blow a bit today, he's well-insulated. My last old english would put his nose in the snow and run like a plow whenever he got out in the snow. This baby went for a "walk-about" down the street one Saturday blizzard back in Ohio. I had to search to find the street so I could walk in just a foot of snow. He bounced back thru the yards, happy as a lark, then abruptly sat down, exhausted. It's tough running through 3 feet of snow! I won't try it today, even in 4 inches. At my age, I could slip easily.

I need to find my boots.
...
Dentist's receptionist just called from her home - closed for the day. Smart move.

...
Fiance called; he's heading home, early. It's 1:30. Time to get my zumba in gear if I'm gonna get any done today.



PERSONAL HAZARD (S)- Snow: closing roads, traffic that may/may not know how to drive in snow (traffic hazards), closed facilities...lack of snow plows and presence of hills around here...need to check on where the salt is laid down before I try to head out of here. Have dental cleaning at noon, nearby; need to get to the pharmacy. Not too far. The gym is on the busiest road in town, tho.
******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Did it. The follow-up checkup is already scheduled for March.

READ THE BOOK: Did what I needed, still referring to as I "work the system."


ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Induction continues: Food, Water, Exercise!!

NEW ASSIGNMENT: Plan the menus, work the plan. 30 minutes of zumba daily.

Vitals:
BP -

Weight: 185.5 (after coffee and lebanon bologne) - surprisingly no change from yesterday
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise:
Stretching 5 min
Cardio 50 min
Strength 10 min

Water: 96 oz


Food:
Breakfast: 2 mugs of coffee, 2 slices of thinly sliced Lebanon Bologne.

Lunch: 6 slices of bacon, another mug of coffee with S/L and milk.
Dinner: 2-1/2 servings (of 8 portions in a 13x9 casserole dish) of Moussaka, a greek eggplant dish, altered to be low carb. Surprisingly my ground beef goulash stuff I make is almost the same recipe, although when making the meat by itself, I add a few other optional ingredients and change the amount of herbs and spices, and tomatoes/paste. I will find a place to check the entire recipe to determine the nutrional value of one portion. I used ground almond flour (from a health food store, or some health food sections in grocery stores) instead of regular flour, milk as the recipe called for (tho perhaps cream would have added fewer carbs). I'll post the recipe - and the alterations and their effects - on another post (and add a link to it from here).
Snack:
Dessert:

________________________________
NOTES:

Wt: glad to see it hasn't risen more already...
BP:

Ketones: skipping since I was already getting "out" of ketosis and yesterday was sure to blow it - will check again in a few days



No comments: