Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday ending Week 1, Jan 10, 2009

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for the WEEKeNnD: This is my life!
*******************************************

Random Thoughts: I was good to myself in some respects: I watched most of the football games, tried a new recipe, altering it for low-carb (Cashew Chicken), and read 1 chapter of a book, then also did personal grooming stuff that makes me feel good, including taking a whirlpool bath.


PERSONAL HAZARD (S)-Not really any today but it took so much time doing other things that I ended up having to exercise during the football games.

Later, SF chocolate ice cream and cashews - I knew I could have some (both are not high carbs), but also neither is allowed during induction, and I technically wasn't in induction, but I'd been trying to get close. I had tastes of both of these, and that made me want more....

See? Today didn't start out with personal hazards, but because didn't feel hungry, I didn't eat three meals, and then I used "logic" to allow myself to have just-ever-so-slightly some extra cashews (there are 5 carbs in about 9 cashews) and a taste of SF chocolate ice cream...which only has 4 net carbs per 1/2 cup...

Tasting them just made me want more, tho, and that's where the temptation comes from AT THIS STAGE of the diet (Phase I, Induction) and which will be more obvious later when we start adding carbs back in ("carbs beget carbs" - or eating some makes you want to eat more, part of our "carb addition" that we have to deal with as we go to lifestyle maintenance).
******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Done. But I think I need to find a Physical Therapist for my shoulder, and make an appt for a massage (gift from fiance for Xmas)

READ THE BOOK: Built a menu on Saturday, tomorrow will need to doublecheck carb numbers. Go grocery shopping...read on labels again - will post on that soon as well.


ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Also: NO SUGAR and DRINK ALL MY WATER (can't forget those two). EXERCISE!!!

Vitals:
BP - didn't take today
Weight: 188.0 - same as yesterday (n/c)
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise: PRIORITY for TODAY (end of week)

Stretching
Cardio

Strength 30 minutes - woo hoo

Water: 64 oz so far, will finish the other before I sleep


Food:
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with a slice of American cheese, 1-1/2 sausage patty; 2 mugs of coffee w/ milk, S/L

Lunch: Skipped - late breakfast, 4 o'clock dinner - but then I snacked!!!
Dinner: Cashew Chicken, altered for low carb (did not 'bread' chicken)
Snack: Some cashews. 2 oz cream cheese heated with cinnamon/splenda, added whipped cream w/splenda to fluff it up, a spoon of SF choc ice cream -- yep snacks were a bit over on the carbs...no more tomorrow!
Dessert: SF lime jello with whipped cream w/splenda
________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
Wt isn't down, but it stabilized at least and did not rise.








No comments: