Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF Day 5 Week 1 Induction, Jan 16, 2009

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for TGIF of Week 1 Induction: To Thine Own Self BE TRUE!
*******************************************

Random Thoughts:


Electricity was off this morning, after a 3-dog night here in NC! - so snuggled back into bed and wondered when I'd have to drive off to find hot coffee and breakfast. When it flickered the first time it returned, I rushed the 2nd time it came back on and nuked some left-over coffee and made my cinnamon crepe (eggbeater omelet with cinnamon, onion powder and splenda) before it went back off. That, and Murphy's Law, ensured it stayed on ever since.



Dealing with paperwork to change my DL from one state to another, getting my vehicle registered, are stressful. I noticed my BP goes up when I'm dealing with the lists they want here in NC, and wondering where I have them all. The replacement cost for a title in NC is $75, if I read the website correctly. It's $5 in OH, one of the most efficient states I've ever lived in. What have I got myself into?



Cat converter was replaced yesterday and after 2 days, I can get the inspection, then find my social security card (nothing else will do, thank you very much!) and other papers and get me to a bureau of aggravation. Okay, I have hope that I'll find one of the efficient ones we had in Ohio (some were not, I will grant you that, but mostly in the cities, as in "IN" the cities). I'll look for one in the outermost suburbs - maybe outside the city and in the county....



Stress makes me forget to eat, then makes me hungry. I have to watch that and the weekend...when I don't want to exercise, I have folks around me who are not exercising with me and may want to have peace and quiet instead of me making all kinds of music with my private zumba party. Wayyyy toooooo brrrrrrr to go outside, tho I may walk the Baileymeister...


PERSONAL HAZARD (S)- Stress, change of schedule for the weekend, being cold (cold toes, cold feet)

******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Did it.

READ THE BOOK: Did what I needed, still referring to as I "work the system."




ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Induction Week - all systems go! (Food, Water, Exercise)

NEW ASSIGNMENT: Look ahead each day to the next day's menu; make sure it's ready to go.

Vitals:
BP -

Weight: 184.5 - N/C from yesterday, but didn't exercise, so that may be why.

Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise:
Stretching
Cardio 30 walking dog
Strength 30 min, crunches, squats, arms with wine-bottle weights

Water: 96 oz


Food:
Breakfast: egg beaters with cinnamon, onion powder and splenda, as an omelet; 3 precooked maple sausage links, microwaved for 30 sec., 2 mugs coffee w/ S/L and milk

Lunch: chicken wings, 2 cups romaine salad
Dinner: scallops, a small salad

Snack: 1 small avocado (14 carbs)
Dessert: lots of jello - SF - is it really zero carbs? that must be wrong...

________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
No change in weight; actually was up 1/2 pound before I peed - morning was interrupted by electricity going off on the coldest night in years in NC...stayed in bed longer as a result and didn't need to pee, but got up and weighed beforehand...did everything backwards today ;) - finally peed and weight was back to yesterday's start. I will need to exercise to keep it coming off. Also, need to drink water earlier in the day as I am drinking too much way too late at night and waking up during the middle...not good for getting rest that way.

BP: Seems okay in the morning, and goes up quite a bit when I'm stressed; I think I get stressed more than I should perhaps. Why didn't I stress over finding documents when I was younger?
Ketones: Still be in ketosis, small (15) not at 40. When I first did Atkins, I went to 40, but last time I tried going into ketosis, I also only went to 15. Hey, I'll take it!




No comments: