Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thurs Day 4 Week 2 Induction

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for Thursday of Week 2 Induction: It's my party, and I'll diet if I want to, diet if I want to...you would diet too if you had the guts to(too)!
*******************************************

Random Thoughts:


It's my birthday - do I have to follow the rules? Well, duh. If I'm in induction, and my weight loss and health supercede an "annual" event (i.e., a once-a-year happening that will occur again), then my priority is to induction and not to indulgement.


However, a friend on one of my ediets support groups (the "Strictly Atkins" group) gave me a great idea: all-you-can-eat crab legs! I love crab (if you haven't figured that out yet, it's because I haven't made the crab/seafood omelet with hollandaise sauce yet this week - maybe this weekend, huh?)


So, the search was on and we went to Joe's Crab Shack, even tho the nearest locations had closed and we had to drive an hour. They have dungeness crab on the menu - this is the sweetest most succulent crabmeat ever - comes from the Pacific northwest (think Seattle!) area. No one else had that on the menu, so we made a "road trip" out of it and I had the triple crab bucket and skipped the potatoes and corn-on-the-cob that came with it. I also had some lobster bisque soup for an appetizer. There may be some carbs in it (to thicken it) but there were definitely carbs in everything else and since I stuck with NO carbs for the main entree (crabs and garlic butter messy-yummy-um-um-good!)



For dessert, I promised myself some low-carb ice cream (Breyer's makes this) ..Breyer's has rocky road (which is so good for Low-Carb that it's dangerous for me to have in the house) and chocolate in addition to the good stand-by of Butter Pecan (the pecans and buttery flavor offset the lack of sugar). I stuck to the portion size (because I was in Induction still) and noted that while net carbs were 4 per 1/2 cup of ice cream, there were some sugar alcohols. This is important to note because sugar alcohols affect different people in different ways. I'm not sure how I react to them, but generally speaking, you don't want to add those in during Induction (which is very likely if you use bars and shakes, so I don't in Induction.)

PERSONAL HAZARD (S)- Birthday - wanting to be good to myself and have something fun for me today.



******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Did it. The follow-up checkup is already scheduled for March.

READ THE BOOK: Did what I needed, still referring to as I "work the system."


ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Induction continues: Food, Water, Exercise!!

NEW ASSIGNMENT: Plan the menus, work the plan. 30 minutes of zumba daily.


Vitals:
BP -

Weight: 184.0
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise: skipped today since we drove so far and back for dinner (out of time)
Stretching
Cardio
Strength

Water: 96 oz


Food:
Breakfast: 1 portions (of 8 in a casserole) of Moussakas (greek eggplant casserole), 3 mugs of coffee w/ S/L and milk

Lunch: another portion of Moussakas
Dinner: crab legs with garlic butter, lobster bisque, diet coke
Snack: 2 cups of romaine leaves at home (they were out of romaine at the restaurant and iceberg is a wasted effort, plus they were going to add in carrots, which are a no-no during induction)
Dessert: 1/2 cup of low-carb Breyer's ice cream (4 net carbs) - there may be other brands that are good in your area, be sure to try them all over time to find your personal favorites

________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
going down again - YAY!!!

BP: not taking regularly anymore - will begin to look at it monthly
Ketones: a few more days before I check




No comments: