Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF - Day 5 (Jan 9, 2009)

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for the Day: TGIF - Enjoy the weekend; remember this is my life!
*******************************************

Random Thoughts:


PERSONAL HAZARD (S)-
Fiance at home today; then he asked me out to lunch, if I wanted. A sabotage? A dare? Dare I say 'no'? (No way, out we go!)
My next hazard is still being tired - I woke up very irritable, cold, hands and shoulder sore, went back to sleep after an hour, then abruptly awoken later by workers in the street doing something. Going out for lunch - the skies are beautifully blue in NC in January, at least this year! - was good for me, which means it was good for fiance who didn't like my being so grumpy.
Also received some of that "stressful" mail that can throw me for a loop. Solution: called the xh to discuss with him, called his housekeeper as well (since I couldn't reach him on his cell), and we ended up leaving VM for each other, but all seems well. In essence, the mail said I had to be back in the state of Ohio next week- in court, and they mailed it on THE DAY that I had to let them know if I couldn't make it. To make it worse, I initiated this because of a typographical/administrative error they made on a document going to the court. The notice I received was vague about what was going on, and I was concerned my xh would think it was something more than that and get his lawyer involved and both of us would waste money when all I wanted was an error to be corrected in the document that was going to be signed by the court. I know that they are working to do the right thing, but they do have to deal with a lot of folks and I am just one of many, so I try not to add to their burden. Going to court for this is just a bit over-the-top, but how the system works sometimes. But it looks like we're going to be able to be reasonable about this, which is good.

******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Done. But I think I need to find a Physical Therapist for my shoulder, and make an appt for a massage (gift from fiance for Xmas)


READ THE BOOK: Yeah, yeah, yeah - don't I have all weekend?


ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Prepare menu for 1 week, using book and lists of foods (induction chapter), then create shopping list. Also, learn how to read labels - both in the book.
Also: NO SUGAR and DRINK ALL MY WATER (can't forget those two). EXERCISE!!!

Vitals:
BP - after waking: 122/69, pulse 50 (2nd take, 1st was 118/66, 51) ;
Weight: 189.0 - up a 1/2 pound - see notes below
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise: PRIORITY for TODAY (slacked yesterday)

Stretching 5 min
Cardio none
Strength
30 min: crunches, weight workout using wine bottles, a lighter one for my shoulder with tendinitis, and using resistance, plus some squats

Water: half a bottle (32 oz) done - so about 16 oz. ; 2 bottles now - up to 32 oz; one more to go!
-EOD: Finished it all!!

Food:
Breakfast: Some bacon and coffee - about 5 slices (these are thin, pre-cooked), and 1 cup coffee, milk, S/L.
Lunch: 10 Buffalo chicken wings, a caesar's side salad (pushed the croutons to the side after offering them to my fiance who was having (carbs, we won't say what kind! shhh!) and a diet soda. I asked for splenda-sweetened (Coke Zero and Pepsi One come to mind), but these are the other kind of diets.
Dinner: Probably will have leftover stroganoff with it thrown over carbs for the carbs person in the family and with a side salad for me so I can feel smugly superior despite his attempts to sabotage my efforts by taking me out to lunch earlier ;) Anyway, where I didn't have will-power before, I am having it now. But that's the wrong word. What I really have is determination and commitment. Today, it only took determination. Sometimes it takes commitment - remembering my commitment to myself and how important it is to me to get to my goal.
Snack: 4 oz of cream cheese, bacon bits, splenda, cinnamon
Dessert: 2 Atkins' bars, one after lunch, one after dinner
________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
1/2 pound up from yesterday. Since I am not showing (on the ketone strip test) that I am burning carbs over fat, I am probably also dealing with the low metabolism I got myself into. So, not exercising yesterday probably had a lot to do with my not dropping another pound and with my showing a bit up. So, another reason to make sure I exercise today: to see if that has an effect tomorrow (tho I know metabolism goes up and down sl-o-o-o-w-ly so it's likely just to help me sweat out some bad stuff and not actually be "up" yet).



No comments: