Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monday, start of Induction (wk 2), Jan 12, 2009

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for the the beginning of Induction: Just one day, just a few more hours (til the end of the day).

*******************************************

Random Thoughts: I wasn't really hungry today and was making a lot of phone calls setting up appointments for the week. Breakfast seemed to tide me over well - I ate after I went to the grocery store, going early (around 8:30 am) after some coffee, but not a lot. I didn't want the day to get away from me. In the end, when it came time for lunch, I got out the ingredients and made tuna salad, but then ran out to do another errand without eating it (I didn't want to smell like tuna fish).


Since having tuna sushi, I really have an intense dislike for canned tuna. It's like sawdust. I imagine they sucked the succulent out of the tuna and then put it in a can.

Have you ever gone backpacking with dried foods that are then reconstituted with water in the wilderness? That's what canned tuna tastes like to me. Albacore (white) is okay in a tuna casserole, but that's pretty much hidden by carbs then, so not on my list.

So, I kept going into the kitchen to eat the tuna salad and finish the greek salad (the olives were especially yummy!), but kept getting distracted. I think it was the lack of hunger and the distaste for canned tuna, and not liking salads.

The dressing, tomatoes (nice and red!), cheese and olives made the lettuce tolerable, and I managed to eat both things, but it was dinnertime now. I had a couple of cups of chicken soup broth, homemade, that I was making for Tuesday's lunch, Wed's dinner, and lunches later this week, and that helped me with the fact I had forgotten to thaw the chicken for Monday's dinner.

I bought a flank steak for dinner Tuesday night, so I started it in a marinade. Having started the chicken soup on Monday evening was much better than doing it Tuesday morning, given my Tuesday appointments.

PERSONAL HAZARD (S)- Dislike of tuna salad. Dislike of lettuce. Not being hungry today. Forgetting to thaw dinner.
******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Numbers are below; made appt to get "gifted" massage; need to find physical therapist still for shoulder, tho exercising seems to be helping as well.

READ THE BOOK: Everytime I glance in the book looking for something (a recipe, my index cards (on which I scheduled my meals this week, as well as my grocery list), I see other stuff I could stand reading again.

ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Induction Week - all systems go!

Vitals:
BP - didn't take today
Weight: 187.5 - down 1/2 lb
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise: None today - means I have to do it every day this week! Oy Vey! That can be stressful - no "down" day left if I feel bad. That's okay tho, I can handle it - just have to be careful so I get it in during my day and not have conflicts with time and space in the house with others and their needs/wants.
Stretching
Cardio

Strength

Water: 96 oz


Food:
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with a slice of American cheese, 2 sausage patties; 1 cupof coffee w/ milk, S/L

Lunch: - nada - had late, at 5 p.m Wasn't hungry today.
Dinner: Greek salad a' la Atkins Book (romaine, feta cheese, 5 greek olives, cherry tomatoes, halved, italian dressing (didn't have a dill vinaigrette and wanted to save time), plus some canned tuna with mayo.
Snack: 2 T of orange jello
Dessert: 2 cups of homemade chicken soup broth

________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
Wt down 1/2 lb.

BP: Took it at one point and it was up, but I thought it might be, so am not recording that for what my BP was today. Missed taking it at 6 pm.









No comments: