Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thurs Day 4 - Jan 8, 2009

Changing the lay-out, let me know what you think...
"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for the Day: I can do this.
*******************************************

Random Thoughts: I need to focus on something else today. Maybe I should force myself to go to the gym....have never used it; having strange reluctance to go at all. Never made it to the gym, but did get some errands run - a return package to a computer repair spare parts warehouse that had to be there by the 15th or they would ship it back to me and charge me for the shipping. What?!?? Sounds like a scam to me! We'll see now: USPS said should be there and I asked for a signature. Cutting into my refund something fierce!

PERSONAL HAZARD - Don't like structure or feeling controlled. Sometimes sticking with a "diet" or a "plan" can seem that way. It's not bothering me yet, but I have to be cognitive of this in myself.

New Hazard - Fiance came home and worked in the home office during the afternoon - not conducive to doing zumba at home (it's fairly loud when I turn on the music), so I took a "off" day for exercising. The ediets BootCamp I joined allows only one day off exercise a week, and that's all I intend to do at this point, but I figured it would be on the weekend, now I've gotta push a little harder to make sure I get it in every day now - and with fiance around (he usually always works home on Fridays).

*******************************************
Anyone else out there trying to make a go on their health this year using low-carb? Got any good recipes you'd like to share? I've got links to some good food sites over to the right, but am always looking for more, especially if I can pinpoint a recipe tried by someone other than the author. Tell me how easy it was to make, how it tasted, if others liked it also, and whether you'd do it again.
******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Done.
READ THE BOOK: Yesterday I read about tomatoes; found new recipes. Time to do the menu and double-check the section on how to read labels (so I understand the weird sugars that are included in some products at times, and to remember why hydro-something products are bad, bad, bad)>

ONGOING ASSIGNMENT:
Prepare menu for 1 week, using book and lists of foods (induction chapter), then create shopping list. Also, learn how to read labels - both in the book.
Also: NO SUGAR and DRINK ALL MY WATER (can't forget those two).

Vitals:
BP - after waking: 124/74, pulse 62
Weight: 188.5 - One more day, another pound down (it's just the first week, not expecting similar results next week, but nice to see :) - down 4 pounds for the week already (started Mon)
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise: Zip for today
Stretching
Cardio
Strength


Water: 96 oz by lights out (about 12:30 am, after watching Florida and Tebow prove that Oklahoma hadn't really faced strong defenses in the past; okay Tebow didn't have much to do with that, but he was fun to watch when he'd run 15 yards against the Sooners...which they could play Utah now....shame Utah beat Alabama because Andre Smith (Left Tackle, offensive line) wasn't there to protect John Parker Wilson; Utah thinks they're the goods now...sorry about that, I am not buying it)

Food: Remembering a day later: what DID I eat?
Breakfast: Funky omelet/crepe made with 1/2 c eggbeaters, cinnamon, splenda, and parsley. Actually pretty good (and another adventure in food land). 2-3 mugs of coffee black for a change.
Lunch: Ate leftovers: my meat goulash stuff: ground beef with cinnamon, parsley, splenda, tomatoes, cayenne pepper, s/p. Wish I could ate raisins and sauteed pine nuts to it (brings out their flavor) but not in the menu yet...and I know raisins may never be but once in a blue moon when I'm back on maintenance.
Dinner: Was going to have turkey sausage and cheeses while watching the BCS bowl tonight, but after running errands, I was hungry, so then I ate the meat goulash (about 4 pm) and later made some beef strogranoff (eDiets' friend's recipe mixed with a book) - even added corn starch - 1 T for the entire dish, which has 7 carbs per T, but I figured it would have about 1-2 carbs per serving only. Had a couple of servings of that: beef strips, onions, mushrooms, beef broth, water, nutmeg, s/p, 1 T corn starch, then about 3/4 cup of sour cream. I used evens on the beef strips, onion, mushrooms and broth: 1 package of meat, 1 whole onion, 1 pkg mushrooms, and 1 cube Knorr's beef bouillon with 2 C water, then a bit more water after I added the corn starch. I let this cook about 1/2 hour before I added the corn starch and another 1/2 hour after I added that, then put in SC and served. For carb addicts not dieting - let them eat it over noodles; we are supposed to add a salad (which I neglected at this point, whoops!)
Snack: Hmmmm - don't think so - kept drinking water when hungry-ish and ate about 4 hours apart.
Dessert: Cream cheese with splenda and cinnamon in the nuke-a-wave - about 4 oz.
________________________________
NOTES:

Wt: Still dropping a pound a day it seems. Will probably drop off next week - down to 1-2 lbs for the week.

KETONES: Got the strips and tested this morning - above a trace, but doesn't seem to be much higher, so will consider results inconclusive and assume I am not in ketosis (the phrase used to describe when I start burning fat over carbs). Supports need for a menu to keep me under 20 carbs as I am probably not doing that or I should show more on the stick.

MEMORY: Ain't what it used to be; maybe I should write down what I eat since I don't seem to be next to the computer all the time it would take to post here throughout the day?


Is anybody out there?


No comments: