Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Day 1 Week 3 - Induction continues, 26 Jan 09

"To Thine Own Self be True, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
Inspiration for Monday of Week 3 Induction Continues: "What goes up, must come down" ("with a little help from my friends" (me!))

*******************************************

Random Thoughts:


Not sure what's going on.

Concerned about all the pain in my left arm (hand, elbow, upper arm and shoulder) as well as generally along my left side: arthritis that began in left foot (toe), left knee being "spastic" at times (can kneel on it wrong on the bed even, which you would think was soft enough), left hip usually tightest...now my left arm and shoulder.

My left hand particularly is worse than my right hand when I wake up in the morning, or anytime after falling asleep really, waking with two hands that feel frozen into claws like I'm dead and in rigor mortis. When my fiance drapes his arm around me and rests it on my left arm, it hurts.

These things and the way it makes me feel weak, are driving me nuts. Still, I did the Total Body Sculpt show yesterday with Gilad on FitTV and it was fine. It's the zumba that is the hardest for me to do!! And being an instructor that's doubly hard on me.


(Btw, Discovery Health (FitTV) is sponsoring a
National Body Challenge where you can get some of Gilad's DVDs and get a free
30-day pass to Bally (be careful there as the Bally gym itself may require you
to sign up with a credit card for 12 months to get 13 months (one free!) - seems
there are always gimmicks like that out there, but still, perhaps you can quit
after the first month with no charge or get the year's membership reversed on
your credit card. If one is near you - this could be good for you!)
Sure, I'm following Beto's video's so they are high-intensity (he's instructing the instructors for one thing), but then I got qualified to teach under Beto and he had us in high-intensity cardio for 9 hours the first day. Also, trying to do zumba on carpet is not a good idea: not a good place to do dance moves - too much friction - and not good to go barefoot. Moving to the wood floor near the kitchen is okay for some moves, but not enough space to do others.

I need to get my endurance rate up. Maybe working with a timer in the gym on a bike or elliptical and see how easily I can do 30 min, and that would give me a better measuring stick to see if the carpet is more of the culprit than I think it is.

PERSONAL HAZARD (S)- Not feeling well; getting winded so easily with anything cardio (including laundry, which is usually not a cardio activity.)
******************************************
Assignment:

Progress so far:

Doctor Appt:
Did it. The follow-up checkup is already scheduled for March.

READ THE BOOK: Did what I needed, still referring to as I "work the system."


ONGOING ASSIGNMENT: Induction continues: Food, Water, Exercise!!

NEW ASSIGNMENT: Working on creating an exercise schedule.

*************************************

Vitals:
BP -
Weight: 186.0
Cholesterol: Numbers from 30 May 08 (Doctor's office):
Total: 250
Trig: 56
HDL: 93
LDL: 146
Vitals that day: Wt: 171 BP: 126/82 Pulse: 72

Exercise:

Stretching 30 min yoga, concentration on shoulders
Cardio 60 min zumba
Strength

Water: 96 oz
+ 8 oz = 104 oz.

Food:
Breakfast: 1 mug of coffee; not hungry, time flew, it's lunchtime too early

Lunch: ground beef from the eggplant dish (Mousakas) using onion powder instead of onions
Dinner: sauteed shiitake mushrooms (3 packages) with 1 onion; mixed that with some of the beef leftover from lunch
Snack: 1 cup of celery sticks while reading and watching tv (yeah, yeah, I multi-task, lol - it's a symptom of Adult ADHD I think - tv shows go too slow and commercials are the worst thing for your sanity and your health; I often mute during them; sometimes I do crossword puzzles, but I received a bunch of books yesterday that I wanted to read and then I like dancing, so I was watching the "finals" apparently for SuperStars of Dance, which appears to be an International Dance competition)
Dessert: 4 oz of Coke Zero, one scoop (1/4 cup) of Carb-Smart ice cream by Breyer's (chocolate) - it has 4 net carbs per 1/2 cup, so that was 2 net carbs (and I just double-checked the label to be sure!)

________________________________
NOTES:

Wt:
Up the most it's been yet since i started. Sure, I carbed yesterday, but usually it takes another day or two to show up. Is "TTOTM" coming this week? Another reason to cancel my doctor's visit (which I better do soon as I only have 24 hours to do so FREEly). I actually usually lose just before TTOTM, too. Then gain it back at the end. People vary, that was my body's way normally....even drinking all my water (most important at those times, yes?)
BP: Lately, I'm winded from walking up stairs, from lifting laundry into the washing machine. I can barely make it thru one zumba song, harder in the beginning. So I took it today to see what was going on - even tho I wonder if taking it too often is part of why my left arm hurts so much.

Ketones: skipped today, but so many carbs yesterday would definitely throw me out.





No comments: